The long wait is over!
GoPro Hero HD users can finally see and hear instant replays of their footage with the new clip-on LCD screen call the ‘BacPac’!
It’s a detachable LCD screen that clips on the the back of the GoPro 1080p HD HERO camera.
(Sorry HERO 960 and standard definition GoPro owners, this won’t work with your cameras)
Watch this demo vid to see how it works…
Here are the specs…
- Compatible with GoPro HD HERO (Helmet, Motorsports, Surf, or Naked)
- LCD Screen size: 2″ / 50mm
- Dimensions: 2.3″ x 1.56″ x 0.44″ / 58 mm x 40mm x 11mm
- Net Weight: 1.0oz / 30g
- Gross Weight (HD HERO Camera with LCD BacPac, Battery, SD Card and Quick-Release Housing): 8.0oz / 228g
Staying with the GoPro “smaller is better” theme, the BacPac LCD screen makes your camera set up only 11 mm thicker. Not too much bulk to worry about at all.
And because the BacPac is a removable accessory, you use it only when you want to. So you can keep your camera as small and light as possible when shooting and push on the LCD BacPac only when you want to play the footage back.
Of course, you can keep the BacPac attached when you film if you like too. Oh, so many options!
But I know what you’re thinking.. “I will need to get bigger housings!!”
Yes, you’re spot on. Because you’re adding an 11 mm LCD screen on the back of this, your original housings won’t fit.
But good old GoPro has you covered here!
When you buy a GoPro LCD BacPac for the fair price of $63.99, you get a whole box of (4) bigger sized housing for your setup.
-  Waterproof LCD backdoor for HD HERO housing
-  Waterproof LCD backdoor for HD Wrist housing
-  Non-waterproof LCD Skeleton backdoor for HD HERO housing
-  Non-waterproof LCD Skeleton backdoor for HD Wrist housing
This definitely an essential accessory for any HD HERO owner. This just about makes it the perfect action camera out there.
And did I mention that you can control your cameras settings using the screen too? This is way too cool.
- Drift Cam